Sunday, December 13, 2009

Marrion Cruz's About Me

Marrion Charissa A. Cruz

 

I am Marrion, 14 years of age. I'm a Filipina and a Roman Catholic. I attend Marina Middle School for my 8th grade year. I live in San Francisco, California but have been born in the city of Manila. I speak fluent Tagalog which makes my parents proud.

I read excessively and am a history freak. I prefer reading non-fiction over those sappy, romance teen novels that my peers hover upon. I like to go to Barnes & Noble or Borders and spend hours on hours, just reading (and also buying) books about biographies on interesting people, documents of world-changing events, international politics, Shakespearean plays and poems by Walt Whitman.

I'm also my writer; my life is my book that has yes to be finished. I write non-stop. Writing is my passion and has always been. I’d spend weeks on end finishing a story and end up with only six pages; but has depth and lesson. I write stories and poems. The poems basically summarize my feelings and my life and the way I see my environment. Some poems have meanings and some are just random thoughts that pop up in my head in rhymes.

I admire freedom, generosity & humility. I admire people who help others without the need of being acknowledged; who doesn’t ask for a “thank you” or a “can you…” but they just do it. I admire modest people.

I can be charming and polite, but I can also be aggressive. Some people’s first impression with me is that they don’t like me. Because of how I talk, how I’m straight-forward, vocal, of how I’m not quiet and the ‘sitting-still-like-a-mannequin’ kind. I don’t understand why, but they usually don’t like me. I probably come to people as provoking, or irritating, but after a while, people get to know me better and like me. All I ask for those narrow minded people is to be a little more open and to give me a chance.

My smile is unmistakably priceless. I never mug or frown unless there’s a real reason to. You’ll see me smiling and laughing all the time because it’s better to die smiling than to die gloomy, you know?

I trust people with only things that I think they can handle. The level of trust with the people I give it to be all different. Because everyone’s different, the emotional things that they can handle are all different too, so if you’re my friend… I don’t tell you the same things that I tell my other friend. But don’t think that I am at ease with telling everything to all my friends, because I’m not. I don’t scatter myself out to everyone and everything that I can dispose my feelings to. I’m usually picky with the people I trust. I don’t like when people expects me to tell them everything, because if you didn’t know; every time you say a say something important about yourself to someone, you also lose a part of yourself.

I am immature but at private times I am too mature for my age. Everyone tells me that. I can be really immature out at lunch or out someplace. But when I know there’s a serious conversation or a serious aura, I change just like that… I get along

I can talk about the weirdest things in the world. I do believe that life is a chance to grow a soul. My humor extends to no end and my sarcasm is inevitable but I know my limitations. ‘Everything has a reason’ helps me cope in difficult times.

I have genes that instilled in me that I will conquer the world. But I don't lead, nor do I follow; I walk side by side because we're all equal.

Anyway…

I like to watch movies on DVD and not in the theatres. I spell things the way people spelled them from a century ago. I am intrigued by the ‘60s and want to time travel over there.

I plan to, of course, graduate high school. Then I want to go back to my native land, the Philippines, and enroll in the University of the Philippines Diliman or Ateneo de Manila. I want to become a journalist when I grow up or be a politician.

I don’t have great expectations with myself, nor do my parents, because I don’t want to upset then if I don’t overcome it. I plan to do my best in everything and reach for things in my reach or above it.

I have four heroes: they’re not your typical hero with a cape and tights. First is always God. I’m only 14, but he’s showed me some great miracles. He’s my explanation for everything and I never question his will. My parents raised me to pray to Him and to thank him always because He gave me and my family everything that we have. Then come a Filipino patriot, Benigno Aquino Jr. He’s reason that Democracy in the Philippines was restored. He gave back what my people truly deserve. I know that I’m too young to vote, and maybe my age is too young to understand any of that freedom, independence thing… But I’m not. I know that Democracy holds the future of any country. And I like for myself to be heard, so what kind of life will it be for me if there’s an invisible duct tape on my mouth to stop me from being heard? Third is Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis because she’s a woman. I’ve always been interested in, well, interesting people. I like to hear about people who have intriguing lives and have made a mark in the worlds. And Jackie O is one of the most popular women known to live. I greatly admire her with her beauty, poise, and elegance, her sense of composure in the most tragic events, and I do believe she's the most beautiful woman to walk the face of the earth; there's Megan Fox who's hot and Beyonce who's sexy, but with the word beautiful express some sort of respect, which is all what she deserves. Lastly is my mom. She’s my role model and I admire her politeness and niceness. And she’s my hero because she shows no favoritism, has so much faith in God, and is beautiful inside out.

My favorite books are If I Stay, Everything Beautiful, The Day John Died, The Greatest Democracy Ever Told: People Power & Inside Out.

My favorite movies in the world are: Knocked Up, The Dark Knight, Stay, The Notebook and Titanic.

I usually listen to, Sara Bareilles, Jason Mraz, Mario, Passion, John Mayer, FM Static, & Christian songs on pandora.com; don’t think I’m some religious freak; I listen to Christina songs because it helps me focus on homework.

I love to play basketball and soccer. I also like to take long, lazy naps; recalling my dreams; eating spicy stuff; putting thick eyeliner on even thou you cannot tell thru my thick rectangular glasses; going to Livermore to chase my cousin John around the kitchen counter; to make up words in substitute to cuss words; to make people laugh; make up nicknames for me to call people by; listen to rain; take professional photographs; talking to Mama and my sister about random stuff after we eat dinner; making funny faces at a Mac camera; and listening to people talk about their day.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment