Sunday, December 13, 2009

Peace & Hippies

Peace, Hippies, Feelings.

 

And I believe that Hippies did the right Thing; to stand up for what They believed in.. They did things in their own Will ; they made things happen, so many things at that.. The Ashbury-Haight Movement, the Flower Children, The Hippies for lack of better word. They’re known everywhere. It’s been how many years ? 42 years. It has been that long but we still know them, those people that gathered in the streets of San Francisco, California. They made history as Martin Luther King Jr. made a speech. &As a person, I may just as well think and ask of who they were.. How they acted, what they did and why they’ve done these things. They’re activists. As of my generation.. How do we define these history people? We make fun of them, that’s why we know them. “Oh, they’re those people who wore bands in their heads and fucked in activist movement’s riots; inside the bushes! I know them.” Yes, that what most “modern” day people define these great “cats and chicks”. I define them as the movement. I honestly cannot name any “modern-day hippies”. There just aren’t any good ones. No good at all. I like the hippies if you haven’t noticed. They’re not only the movement but they’ve made names for themselves. What else can we compare to them? I think we define them as freaks because we haven’t walked in their shoes for a mile. Not even. We’re jealous cause we want to make our mark in this world that no one can ever out-do while the ‘60s teen and young adults already made theirs. And in anyway, no one will ever out come those shit that they’ve done. They went to Ashbury-Haight for one thing.. Cause they want to be heard! They want the world to know, “Hey, cat and chicks. I got decked-out and I’m not going to bug out. I spend this time to get here. I’m not gonna be bummed out after this. I’m gonna tool around after this and people’s gonna point at me. I’m gonna make history.” I want to be part of them cause I’ve realized how back then the people actually had personalities. They speak their mind, they share their thoughts. They dance out of nowhere and they sing their Beatle songs like there’s no tomorrow. They’re happy people in a sad time; I wonder when I’ll see that. They make their own words and actually use them in public. Those were the time that people didn’t know what a computer was, what a Blackberry was, what a cell phone was. That made them vulnerable to almost anything today. But honestly, thou; do they care? No, right? Right. I’d rather be a Flower Child than God knows what they call this generation. I’m not hating on my generation, which would be rather a disgrace. I’m not saying I hate people of this time cause that’ll seem like I’m a hypocrite. I’m not sweating it, I’m not trippin. I’m just saying, being outspoken and letting myself know what I feel. And this is what I feel.

-mkesumhappn, yungpatriot

No comments:

Post a Comment